HaxeUI tutorial (documentation)?

A while ago I stumbled upon a link to an under-construction haxeui tutorial (or guide or manual?), the path to which I can now no longer find. Is there a public github/gitlab/sr.ht repo for it? Is it still under-construction?

Thanks!

The best tutorial info I found so far is this. Other then that you can read the source code for more examples of whats possible example Styles.hx that shows which css variables are accepted an what type they expect.

2 Likes

Thanks, mundusnine, though poking around there I’m not so sure how to find what to read. I’m finding many nested subdirs but no doc/md files.

Sadly, there aren’t textual tutorial versions for v2 but more code examples that you can read through. Sometimes in projects like haxeui it is easier to read source code.

If you don’t mind potentially learning something less current you can have a look at Kircode’s old blog that has haxeui tutorials.

1 Like

Will these still work given the changes in the upcoming release / new-component-method branch?

The markup I copy pasted from the tutorials worked for me without any problems when I used the enw-component-method branch. So yes, it is in my experience , still information that is valid for the new release of haxeui.

1 Like

It should be the same, there is alot that has changed in new-comp -> master but not the general idea, i dont even think the styles have been changed that much (at all?)… maybe some tweaks.

The style engine itself its totally new, but the styles remain the same.

1 Like