ListView.hx and TableView.hx, problems with __onMouseUp & __onMouseClick

Getting:
C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,25/haxe/ui/containers/ListView.hx:175: characters 66-77 : Warning : Local variable __onMouseUp might be used before being initialized
C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,25/haxe/ui/containers/ListView.hx:181: characters 56-70 : Warning : Local variable __onMouseClick might be used before being initialized
C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,25/haxe/ui/containers/TableView.hx:188: characters 66-77 : Warning : Local variable __onMouseUp might be used before being initialized
C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,25/haxe/ui/containers/TableView.hx:194: characters 56-70 : Warning : Local variable __onMouseClick might be used before being initialized

I am using:
haxeui-core 1.0.25
haxeui-openfl 1.07
openfl 8.9.7
lime 7.8.0
on haxe 4.1.2

Compiles to .swf and when it runs, if I click a text field to enter data it throws in the flash debugger:
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert haxe.ui.events::FocusEvent@16ddb5d9 to haxe.ui.events.MouseEvent.
at haxe.ui.util::EventMap/invoke()
at haxe.ui.core::ComponentEvents/dispatch()
at haxe.ui.core::InteractiveComponent/set_focus()
at haxe.ui.components._TextArea::Events/onMouseDown()
at haxe.ui.util::EventMap/invoke()
at haxe.ui.core::ComponentEvents/dispatch()
at haxe.ui.core::ComponentEvents/_onMappedEvent()
at haxe.ui.backend::ComponentImpl/__onMouseEvent()

input textfields are non responsive to onchange events from that point on.

It runs in older:
haxeui-core 0.0.4
haxeui-openfl 0.0.2
openfl 8.9.1
lime 7.5.0
on haxe 3.4.7

But I update Haxe to 4.1.2 and now am kind of stuck on the warnings and the runtime debugger error.
Little help ?

Howdy,

So the warnings are because you are using the haxelib version, which is woefully out of date at this point - im defo going to make a release this weekend as its just so far behind, so if you want to wait for that it will probably be tomorrow at some point - or you could just use the git versions of the libs.

As for the error i have seen it before and only applies to flash for some reason, its a super strange error, and ive yet to track down what causes it, it was fixed at some point, and is back now (but again, only for swf), so i would use another target (html5 for openfl compiles super fast too).

1 Like

Hi Ian,

thanks for the info. Will try the git versions and update when you release.
As for trying another target, unfortunately I can’t.