Mapping typedef's to visuals

I am wondering about auto mapping typedef’s to components, setting up rules per type so I can navigate through a typedef structure and automatically display and edit, but also allow up down arrows on Integer, mark optionals, allow going into child structures etc…
So taking an example if you get all the products by pages you have

Products
_____ Array
______________ Array, Array, Array

Similar for stuff like Orders, Customers etc…

Now I may want to copy it from one List ( Shop ) to another, edit values etc… by dragging, but for lots of these typedef’s, I don’t want to specify them I want to pass it to a component that creates suitable structures based on the typedef or class. Probably end up doing it just for product more manually.
I know from previous experiance when I was on touchscreens that these complex typedef-ish structures are pretty common with cms so the problem is not specific to my use case.
I just wondered if you had thought about these approaches and if you had any progress.
My primary focus is Kha Electron NodeJS, how is Kha target going? KhaTextBox I tried out is really slow and heavy? My SimpleText might be faster but does not have scroll bar, have started looking at zui but not yet scroll textfield, but it’s rather restrictive despite being smart.

If im understanding correctly, i think something like this should be possible with itemrenderers - whether the system already in place is good enough is a different question (ie, nested typedefs) but i think that the app (ie, your app) could fairly easily implement something like it. Ill have to have a think… a solid example (with code) might be helpful. Ie, some fake static data (nested) and exactly what you would, ideally, want the UI to do / look like - that would be helpful.

haxeui-kha is going fine… :slight_smile:

When you say KhaTextBox do you mean this: https://github.com/tienery/KhaTextBox ?

I moved away from that as Lukes direction was very different from mine - which is fine, its his project - instead i wrote my own version (https://github.com/haxeui/haxeui-kha/blob/master/haxe/ui/backend/kha/TextField.hx). It inside haxeui[-kha] but it should actually have any dependencies, copy and paste in your project should work (though i havent tried that in a while, so a dependency may have sneaked in!)

Cheers,
Ian