Should we use master branch or new-component-method?

hi,

This is a new machine, everything is freshly installed along with Haxe-ui from haxelib, but it seems there’s something wrong:

i am running Windows 10, Haxe Compiler 4.0.0-rc.3 and OpenFL Command-Line Tools (8.9.2-LoRLsG)

Steps

haxeui create openfl --flash-develop
haxeui create openfl

and then open the project in Flash Develop, hit ctrl+enter and i am getting the errors below : tried to find the missing } but failed :smiley:

E:/SDKS/HAXE/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/0,0,4/haxe/ui/Toolkit.hx:38: characters 23-24 : Expected }
E:/SDKS/HAXE/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/0,0,4/haxe/ui/Toolkit.hx:267: characters 14290-14291 : Expected }
E:/SDKS/HAXE/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/0,0,4/haxe/ui/Toolkit.hx:24: lines 24-267 : Defined in this class
E:/SDKS/HAXE/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/0,0,4/haxe/ui/Toolkit.hx:40: characters 23-24 : Expected }

what do you suggest should we still rely on new-component-method branch or the haxelib version ?

thanks

Edit
i am able to compile when using new-component-method

Edit 2
i just cloned the master and set that to haxelib dev, now it’s working fine.

1 Like

Yeah, master is the “goto” version now… no more new component branch :slight_smile:

1 Like

but i am wondering about the lib version , giving those errors most of the people will get the lib from there, but anyways i am now on latest and greatest :smiley: branch. thanks

Yeah, i need to get a haxelib release going asap, but things keep coming up (some haxeui related, others not) :confused:

No Problem i understand this :). we all appreciate your work so no worries.