Two things might be broken

Question 1:

Do I need to use percentWidth = 100 for a custom component in the constructor? It seems to be the only solution that actually lets me horizontally center any children. If I try applying the width=“100%” at the base node, referenced by the build url, it does not work. It also does not work if I try setting the base node’s width to 100% through css too.

Something seems wrong here to me!

Question 2:
I was trying to test out the @:XML tag and, using the same exact code and xml as used with the build tag, I kept running into a build error.

Check it out:

/home/.../Documents/haxe4rc5/std/haxe/xml/Parser.hx:265: characters 8-13 : Uncaught exception haxe.xml.XmlParserException: Expected " at line 1 char 22
/home/.../Documents/haxe4rc5/std/haxe/xml/Parser.hx:117: characters 3-31 : Called from here
/home/.../Documents/haxe4rc5/std/Xml.hx:122: characters 10-36 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/parsers/ui/XMLParser.hx:15: characters 23-38 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/macros/ComponentMacros.hx:111: characters 31-71 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/macros/Macros.hx:45: characters 9-84 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/macros/Macros.hx:21: characters 13-38 : Called from here
src/views/HomeView.hx:45: character 1 : Called from here
/home/.../Documents/haxe4rc5/std/haxe/macro/TypeTools.hx:220: characters 22-29 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/macros/helpers/ClassBuilder.hx:23: characters 34-58 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/macros/ModuleMacros.hx:191: characters 39-58 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/macros/ComponentMacros.hx:116: characters 9-40 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/macros/ComponentMacros.hx:112: characters 9-68 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/macros/Macros.hx:45: characters 9-84 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/macros/Macros.hx:21: characters 13-38 : Called from here
/usr/share/haxe/lib/haxeui-core/1,0,3/haxe/ui/backend/MessageBoxBase.hx:14: character 1 : Called from here

Any xml and class causes this bug, and the whole “error at line 45”, well, all that pointed to was the “class” keyword.

Is the xml tag not supported anymore?

Hi - any chance you might be able to give some code / xml for the two cases?

Cheers!
Ian

Sure thing, I zipped up a small project and sent it to do you directly!

Extra details:

• running on Ubuntu
  • Tested on Neko and Linux build
  • OpenFL backend
  • Latest Haxelib releases for Openfl/Lime and HaxeUI