Weirdest slowdown

Hi Ian, I’m having the weirdest thing happening.
So I have this c++ thing with haxeui on it and a separate Adobe Air viewer that receives commands from the c++ thingy. Every time I even put the mouse over a dropdown or a button on the c++ side the Air thing slows down in fps, like 20+ sometimes. Noticed it because there are bottom scrollers on the Air side and it jerky slows down noticeably.
May also be going mad. :slight_smile:

Not hovering anything.

Hovering a button.

Sorry, the capture doesn’t get the mouse.
It’s like it senses the disturbance in the force…

It’s like it senses the disturbance in the force…

haha - :smiley:

Is there any possibility to make a cut down version that does the same thing? Its going to be hard to debug without some type of minimal test case - maybe making the test cases will expose the problem / solution… The setup seems quite specific (c++ talking to air, etc), so maybe something is going strange there.

I agree that its seems verry strange that something so small causes a slowdown… have you also tried updating openfl / lime (just a stab in the dark)…

Cheers,
Ian

I will cut it down to the viewer with a scroll and fps on the Air side and the c++ side will have a button see how that goes, if it acts the same. You’re probably right, it’s gotta be something really specific, but at this point I just want to find out how it knows :smiley:
Latest version of lime and openfl.

1 Like

Yeah, i agree, its certainly very strange - a cut down app, as you say, might shed some more light on it. Im interested too, so lemme know how you get on!

Cheers,
Ian

1 Like